Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Glow in the dark mountain dew does not work

I think most of you may have seen and heard about the glow in the dark mountain dew. There are other video that claim that the experiment is fake. I tried it out myself. True enough IT IS FAKE. As seen in the video, they add in baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide into 1/4 full of mountain dew.

The brand I use is different from them as Singapore does not sell those brand. I use the baking soda which comes from a red tin (forgot the brand already). I use my 20vol hydrogen peroxide that is available in my lab. As I don't see hydrogen peroxide sold commercially.

As seen in the video, I drank the mountain dew until 1/4 of it is left in the bottle. Followed by adding a bit of baking soda then 3 capful of 20 vol hydrogen peroxide. Then shake well. In the end NOTHING HAPPEN except for the bubbles created while shaking.

So don't waste your time doing this experiment and waste your mountain dew where you can drink it to quench your thrist.


No comments: